PROFESSIONAL travel photography is now accessible to holidaymakers at the time of booking, thanks to a new global partnership that is set to take off between Flight Centre Travel Group (FLT) and Travelshoot.
From April, Australia’s leading travel agency group has partnered with the young Aussie start-up, who connects travellers with local professional photographers around the world.
The global partnership provides travellers in more than 30 cities worldwide the chance to book a Travelshoot photography package – a 1-hour, 2-hour or 4-hour photoshoot experience – directly through any of FLT’s leisure brands.
Travelshoot founder Sarah Pearce said the FLT partnership would assist Travelshoot in reaching travellers across the globe, while providing customers with a unique product to add-on to their holiday when they book flights, accommodation and other travel items.
“Travelshoot is about connecting travellers with local photographers who take the customer around to their favourite places for the best photos of iconic parts of their city,” said Sarah.
“They love their home city and they know where to take you to get really memorable photos, while making the whole experience natural, fun and relaxed,” she said.
“We have more than 100 photographers in our network and this number continues to grow –not only do we look for photographers that have an incredible portfolio, but who are just as great in person to hang out with, so that our customers have an amazing time.”
Sarah said Travelshoots were ideal for surprise wedding proposals, honeymoons, groups of mates, solo travellers and family holidays, so she was confident the FCGT partnership would assist in reaching these customers.
FLT managing director Graham Turner said Travelshoot’s offering was an interesting and innovative new addition to the company’s global product range.
“Capturing the best photos is an important part of any holiday experience,” Mr Turner said.
“We are delighted to work with Sarah and with Travelshoot to bring the product to a wider audience and to help grow the business.”
Potential benefits associated with partnership:
- Global partnership with all Flight Centre Travel Group brands means mass exposure for Travelshoot on a global scale
- Travelshoot product allows FCGT to ‘complete’ the customer experience and offer their clients a unique and special value add (an add-on option just like travel insurance, car hire, etc.)
- The opportunity to learn from the world’s most iconic travel group and Australian success story.
- FCTG were particularly excited to help customers who were booking trips for honeymoons, family reunions, big events, and elopements.
Partnership structure and key details:
- The product (all 3 packages, as featured on the website) will be sold through all of the brands on the FLT network – Flight Centre, Student Flights, Escape Travel, Travel Associates, Cruiseabout, etc.
- Launch date for the product range is April – all brands and all countries.
- On a practical level, customers will learn about the product with the brands, purchase the product, and then ‘Travelshoot’ gets an order
- Travelshoot will then follow its standard process to find a suitable photographer and coordinate the whole experience for the customer – they will be working with customers directly.
Watch this for more…
Behind The Scenes – https://vimeo.com/160853907
The Travelshoot Story – https://vimeo.com/161249476
Travelshoot was founded in 2012 after Sarah Pearce and her husband were on a trip to New York and were lucky enough to spend an hour with a friend who was a local photographer.
It is Australia’s first destination photography service and connects travellers with local photographers around the world to easily capture those once-in-a-lifetime moments. Travelshoot helps couples and families to obtain high quality photos of their holiday or travel experience without stripping the holiday budget.
Each photoshoot is designed by the local photographers to ensure images are shot in the city’s best locations. For more information, please visit www.travelshoot.com.
About Flight Centre Travel Group
FLT now has about 3000 shops and businesses in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Mexico, South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Ireland Holland and the United Arab Emirates.
After starting as a leisure travel agency, the company is now also one of the world’s largest corporate travel managers through a network of specialist brands that includes FCM, Corporate Traveller, cievents, Campus Travel and Stage & Screen.
For more information, please visit www.fctgl.com.
Media enquiries to Deana Tynan
0403 040 461